Who is Aquila? We are cruise industry experts. For over forty years, Aquila’s purpose has been to ignite the spirit of discovery – and have fun while doing it! As a renowned Canadian tour operator, we deliver shore excursions to cruise lines that create lasting memories of the Bay of Fundy for our guests. We are highly respected within the industry and are often named as one of the best tour operators in the world by cruise executives.
We are currently seeking a Seasonal Cruise Manager to join our team in Saint John, a position that is integral to the success of our shore excursion programming. This 4-month contract position will be part-time throughout the months of July-August, and then full-time during September and October.
Our Cruise Managers work together as a flexible and supportive team to manage the high volume of cruise ships in our Living Lab, Saint John & the Bay of Fundy. Aquila takes over 1000 passengers on tour on any given day, and it’s up to our team to deliver excellent experiences to our guests. Some responsibilities of Cruise Managers include, but aren’t limited to:
- Management of operations for shore excursion programs including daily operations, on-site tour dispatching, assisting guest traffic, answering questions, end-of-day reporting, and maintaining relationship with cruise line representatives.
- Preparation of shore excursion programs prior to cruise ship arrival including:
- Correspond with Shore Excursion onboard teams to confirm tour sales and answer tour program questions in a timely manner.
- Correspond with suppliers regarding cruise calls, including booking dates and times, confirming, answering questions, etc.
- Organize supplies, tour forms, and materials in preparation for each cruise ship day.
- Problem solving in a unique learning environment including handling onsite emergency situations, resolving guests concerns or complaints, etc.
- Build relationships with Cruise Line Shore Excursion Managers, Tour Guides, Pierside Team and Suppliers.
- Demonstrate respectful and equitable treatment of all team members and guests regardless of background including but not limited to those represented by culture, race, sex, age, physical disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, neurodiversity, political affiliation, and socioeconomic status.
During the busy months of the cruise season, Cruise Managers work extended hours and long days to ensure that we are delivering excellent service to our clients. This position requires a high level of flexibility and organizational skills, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to solve problems in a creative way. We require a positive, upbeat individual who is self-motivated, can communicate professionally with a wide variety of people, and demonstrates integrity.
Experience in Tourism, Hospitality, and Project Management would be considered an asset. While this is a 4-month contract, there is the possibility for extension. Please send your resume by Wednesday, May 31st to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Contract (4-month), Part-Time & Full-Time
Contract Term: July 10th – November 10th
Location: Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada